The Women In Defense Virtual Leadership Symposium will be held on Thursday, September 10, 2020!
With workshops, a panel discussion, and multiple keynote addresses, this symposium furthers WID’s objective of providing professional development opportunities to our members and others working in national security positions. Over the course of this one-day virtual event convening members of the military, defense industry, government, and academia, WID will explore ways to create a more diverse workforce and strengthen American and allied national security.
Registration is scheduled to open soon.
As many professionals and scholars are currently conducting a large portion of their work from home, the aim is to forge new and stronger connections between them and potential employers and partners. The Leadership Symposium theme, “Leading Change,” ensures attendees will gain the information, strategies, and business acumen necessary to obtain their personal and professional objectives related to defense and national security.
- Attend two high-level keynote addresses, including;
- Explore the virtual Industry Career Expo for professional development and networking
- Sharpen your professional skills at the Power Workshop
- Explore the value and importance of “Leading Change” through a panel discussion led by key leaders
See the draft agenda here.
As always, Women In Defense extends a warm welcome—to the organization and to events—to women and men of all backgrounds and ranks whose primary professional activities or interests relate to the national security of the United States and its allies.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Are you a full-time college student looking to engage with established members of the military, defense industry, government, academia, and national security communities?
All full-time college students are invited to attend the Women In Defense Virtual Leadership Symposium where you can expect to:
• Explore exciting professional opportunities with companies actively recruiting talented women during the virtual Industry Career Expo
• Connect with industry and government representatives in interactive Chat Lobbies
• Sharpen your professional skills during a breakout workshop
• Join senior-level mentors at a professional development opportunity comprised of interactive conversations
DISCOUNTED RATE: $10*
(That's more than a 90% discount!)
*Early registration fee is available until September 3. Beginning September 4, discounted student registration will increase to $15. Discount is dependent upon submission of a resume (please see below).
- Students will need to submit a resume in PDF format here: WomenInDefense.net/Resumes
- Once resumes are processed, students will receive instructions to register, including a discount code
- Students will need to register with discount code; when the virtual symposium platform opens, students will need to log in an create an account in order to access the virtual platform
Click here to submit your resume. Deadline to submit resume: Friday, September 4, 2020
Submitted resumes will be given to Industry Career Expo exhibitors for use in recruitment and engagement with students. We encourage students to visit all booths, interact with booth materials, and network with booth attendees via chat or videos. Come with your best elevator pitch and questions!
Students can expect to receive registration instructions within one week of submitting their resumes. Instructions will include a discount code. Resumes are due by Friday, September 4, to allow time for students to receive registration information and platform login instructions.
There is no requirement to have a background in the military or defense industry to attend this event. Discounted registration fee is available for full-time students only. Registration includes all sessions, networking opportunities, and the Industry Career Expo.
This article originally appeared here.